Saturday, November 6, 2010

Malaysia - Week 16 - A New Life‏

Nov. 2, 2010

Hello Family!!!
 
    So this week has really been a different one. New Companions
really do bring in all sorts of new challenges and opportunities. The
place is certainly more quiet. Thats for sure. Elder Steele and I were
really active and fun with each other, but not yet with Elder
Gallinger. He's a big guy from Tri-Cities area, and is pretty quiet
and keeps to himself mainly. Love the guy though :D He's fun.
   This week has been one to remember. My language skills have shot up
leaps and bounds, as I have become the leader of our companionship, I
now lead the lessons and do alot of the talking. Elder Gallinger is
coming out of his shell, but the Lord is definitely blessing both of us
as we are both very young and inexperienced missionaries. We are just
doing out best to be obedient and do our duty, relying upon the Lord.
That really is the key. Learning how to listen to the Holy Ghost. Its
hard, but as we follow more and more promptings, it becomes easier to
hear. It is a skill, something we can practice. Does skill come
without practice? Nope.
   The one area I do struggle with though is with questions. Our new
missionary work is revolving around asking our investigators inspired
questions. While we are not the best at it yet, it is improving, and
it definitely shows in the work.
   Life is still wonderful out in the field here. My body is finally
getting used to the temperature. I now get cold when it rains, and
freeze in the church buidling along with the members. Its crazy. Its a
good thing it will be summertime when I come home, otherwise I would
probably die. Elder Gallinger noticed that it was about...82 degrees
in our study room, and that was pretty nice and cool for us.
Woah....inside a house...crazy.
    But the work is moving along. The Church is true, and I know it
with all my heart. As we were teaching some investigators about the
Temple the other day, I really felt that I know that it is the House
of God with all my heart. Not just a belief, but a knowing. I know
that We are all children of God, and that we can have true Joy in our
life as we follow his voice, through his prophets and their teachings.
I love you all, and pray for all of you always :D
 
Your Loving friend, brother, and son,
 
   Elder Willem Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment