Saturday, December 25, 2010

Malaysia - Week 22 - Non Stop‏

Dec. 14, 2010

Hello Semua!!!!

   Wow.....these last few days have seriously been the longest days ever. In the past week we had a 2 day Missionary Leadership Training, a 2 day District Conference, a zone meeting, and a big baptism for alot of our investigators. It has been absolutely nuts!!! But this storm has blown over, and the next half week will be a bit of a break before we have Zone conference and Christmas next week!! I guess no matter how hard you try the Christmas time of year is always crazy.

   But none the less, the work still goes on :D With tears of joy and frustration all mixed in together :D One thing that I have really really learned on my mission is this. Mankind is not perfect. It is a fact. In fact we are so far from perfect that it is a wonder we do anything right! Ha ha! I often look and think about all the things that "missionaries" should always be doing, and in fact in order to "do" all of those things would be impossible. I guess that is why the Spirit is SOOOOOOOOOO important in this work. For all the mistakes, bobbles, and screw-ups you do, the Holy Ghost will still bring the message unto their hearts, and it makes everything better. I have learned how important the Holy Ghost is in Life. If you let him, he will guide you through everything!

  So cool story, the other night we were talking to our investigators who are getting ready to be baptized, whose oldest daughter (and very intelligent) was off at Youth Conference, and so it gave us a nice chance to just talk to the parents. The mom, Bayah, was very active in the Kampung Church before (Anglican) and at first had a lot of reservations, but as we were talking about whatever, she started telling us about how her old church were saying really bad things about her. She said they even used the word 'benci' which is a strong word for hate, and forbid her from even coming back into their church. WOAH! I was a bit set back, cause the whole time I really kinda felt she was just following her husband and joining this church, but maybe one day later fall back to her old church. I then asked her what she felt about it, and she responded " Aku tidak kesa" or I don't care. "Kenapa?" (why?) i asked her. "Sebab saya sudah cari Gereja yang Benar." (because I already found the true church). Right there, I felt the strength of her testimony. I shouted for joy and gave her a high 5 right there and then. I was super excited, and knew of her testimony. She can't read, can't sing very well, but can see and feel the spirit and opened her heart to these things. It was amazing. The interesting thing was that that very day before in personal study I had read about how Nephi in 2 Nephi 26:25-28 he said that Christ never denied anyone from entering into his fold. I then shared it with her and she again shared more of her testimony. This work, this church, this gospel is 100% true. Nothing else could change peoples lives for the better as much as the gospel does. It has been such an eye opener for me to see how important the Gospel is to each one of us (setiap daripada kita). We all need it. We may just not know it yet, until it is too late. Don't wait. Treasure up the words of Christ, and they will bless you always.

   Another thing I have not shared with too many people is how I KNOW that God places us in places, in situations, where we can uplift others. God listens to our prayers, but it is through others that he answers them. Countless times I have seen how I have been the person that acts as his answer. I often think about those who have been the answers for me in my life. How have other people been the answers to your prayers? How have you been the answer to others prayers? Think and ponder these times. Write them down, and most important. Be grateful. I can't tell you how grateful I am for so many people in my life. Every little struggle has taught me something, and they are all for our good, our learning, and experience.

   Elder Gallinger and I are still doing great out here. The country is great, beautiful, and fantastic in so many ways. I wish I could bring you all here :D You could really see it's beauty.

I love you all and hope you are well. Pray always :D He listens.

Elder Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment