Friday, August 26, 2011

Malaysia – Week 58 - Faith Finding



Aug. 23, 2011

Hello family!

 

Another good week of Missionary work. Life is going along pretty well here in Kota Kinabalu. Elder Hawkins has been a bit ill since yesterday, so we have been playing it pretty easy, which has given me some time to do some chores around the house, do some good in depth studies, and get caught up in my journal!! I’m still writing an entry every day, and have less than a month to catch up on between Mar 5th and Mar 27th of this year. The little notes I jotted down really do help to jog my memory. I can't imagine what these journals will do when I’m old and feeble.
     But another cool update. So Elis, whom I met while walking off the bus, and met last Wed., has just been a shining star in our lives. She came and toured around the church and said that it was the prettiest Church she has ever seen, but that was not the best part. When she finished reading 1st and 2nd Nephi in 5 days from the time we gave her the Book of Mormon we nearly dropped our jaws. We were so stunned! She is just taking everything and loving it, because the Spirit is just speaking to her heart.  :D She has definitely been prepared by the Lord.
     Also, another little FYI, exercising is the best! We have a little gym here where were live, and every morning we go down for 30 minutes and work out to start our day. I never used to be a morning person, but since I began exercising in the morning, I have also begun eating and drinking healthier, and because of that, my body is in the best condition it has ever been! For the first time since 8th grade I have dropped below 175 pounds, and am around 165 actually. The only bad thing is that my clothes are a bit more roomy, but I don’t mind. :D I also have a lot less aches and pains, and more energy and just feel amazing. It’s just a little testimony of how something good each day (exercise, scripture reading, pray, family time) is a lot better than doing it in large doses infrequently. I would highly recommend trying to exercise a little every morning. Walking, or running, or lifting weights. It works! This has in turn given me a stronger confidence in myself, and in my work . :D Give it a try ;)
    Selain semau itu (Other than all that) life is good. Never been happier, and just living a great life and enjoying the greatest mission in the world right now.  :D It’s probably a good thing I don't go into too much detail, that way you don't get too jealous. Although I don’t think a lot of people would like to run around in the weather we do, wearing shirts and ties and slacks. :)

Elder Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment