Thursday, September 15, 2011

Malaysia - Week 60 - On the Move!‏

Sept. 7, 2011

Hello Family!!


    So this past week I have been in my area for about....oh...3 days total? Thursday morning we had a combined branch activity (Picnic at the Beach!) in which we had a couple potential investigators come (who were brought by members of the branch). It was a good opportunity for people to bring friends to meet and fellowship with members of the branch, and see just how friendly and kind we are. We have families, kids, eat regular food, and love to have fun :D

Right after the beach activity we ran home, showered and headed off to Kuala Lumpur for another Zone Leader Council, which was incredible! Every time I go to a meeting, training, or church meeting, I always feel inspired and take something away from it. I always prepare myself first though, and expect to take something away. If you don't put anything into it, you won't get anything out of it. Also while we were in KL, I bought a painting. So pretty! The man painted it in 30 minutes while I was shopping, after I described what I wanted. It was amazing. He is definitely a talented man, and I was so impressed I was just so happy when he offered to paint one for me right there and them and that happiness just spread like wild fire. Mr. Pheng is one of the most incredibly kind person I have met, and could have gone pro in painting and selling his paintings for thousands of ringits, but instead chooses to live the humble life and paint so he can brighten peoples days, and spread beauty in the earth. Now that is a Christ-like man. Even though he was not ready for the Gospel, he is a good person, going about doing good things. The world needs more people like him.


      We then came back Saturday morning, and from there prepared for the baptism which was going on that evening. Wow....it was the most incredibly spiritual baptism I have ever been at. There have been so many spiritual battles, so much effort, love, and prayers put into this one day, and finally, Jacky, Jeffery, Nanai and Ariane were ready and willing to make their own personal covenant with God. It was amazing! The Spirit was so strong you could have cut it with a knife. As I walked around in my baptismal clothes, my heart felt like it was inside the temple. I felt for just a second, what Heaven feels like. So full of Joy, surrounded by family, and full of Godly Love. I could feel the Spirit telling and confirming to my heart "Well done my good and faithful servant." All of the failed contacts, the long hard days, the sicknesses, difficulties, were all swallowed up in these few hours. It was not like we did anything extraordinary for this service, all we did was get all of our ducks in a row beforehand. The plan was set, and it went very well :D The only disturbance was a bus contact named Sylvia texting me that she wanted to come to church the next day. Also Can!!! The Lord works in mysterious ways, and his work is the greatest one you can ever get involved with. You never lose, you only win :D


     After such a wonderful Baptism, and great confirmations on Sunday, these past two days I have been back in Sandakan, doing Zone Leader Exchanges with Elder Brown and Putnam. I was also able to meet Elder and Sister Lee, the new senior couple serving in Sandakan. They are the very first Malaysian Senior couple to serve a mission, and were called to the Singapore mission. They are from KL and speak English, Malay, and Chinese. Wow....they are a perfect fit for Sandakan. We can already tell that the number of Chinese going to church is going to increase :D They are very young for a senior couple as well, and have made incredible sacrifices to be here, but are receiving much. I was there when Elder Lee opened his call at the Missionary Leadership Training many months ago, and was very excited to see him in his assignment. The Lord definitely calls his missionaries. It is done through men, but it comes from the Lord. I love serving Him, and know that every waking hour and minute that I give unto him, I receive numberless treasures of knowledge, comfort and peace. This is the best time of my life!! :D

Your loving Son,
    Elder Willem Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment