Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 76 - Singapore - A Life of Assisting‏

January 12, 2012

Hello Everyone!

     So this past week has been absolutely nuts! I have woken up at the regular time once. I have also flown to different countries, translated talks, made trainings for zone leaders, taken new trainee's contacting, washing clothes, taking cold showers(in my bathroom that is 2.5ft by 5ft) . It has been so much fun. It has been a time of growing and developing for sure.


     I think a little miracle has begun to develop. I have been able to see how important the power of a Positive influence is. One of the other assistants here, Elder Jones, is so gifted with the kindness to always look and find the positive in people, and has an incredible gift to be able to lift ans inspire all, in such a humble manner too. It has really helped me to try to push out my negative thoughts, put downs, and ill feelings, and to replace them with love, joy, excitement, and peace. In his personal example I can catch a glimpse of the Saviour. If correction is needed, it is given, but you feel empowered afterwards, not torn down. Correction should be something we seek, and when it is presented and received properly, it functions like a well oiled machine. I have found that by having a living example of this living working and walking beside me, I have been able to spread this energy and love to others. I know that if all others saw the positive aspects of life, leaving whining out of their vocab, and took on the happiness of the Saviour, that others around us will feel of this love and light, and begin to reflect it as well. I would like to invite you all to hold your tongue next time you wish to speak evil, or think poor. It mostly has no use. Speak well of others, and you will feel that well being reverberate within your soul.

    Much of this has developed from my personal study of the talk "What Manner of men and women ought ye to be?". I would suggest you read this and think about what "Be's" you would like to improve on in your life.

  I love you all and hope that your scripture study brings you to seek change and improvement in your life.

Your loving friend, brother, and son,

Elder Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment