Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 70 - Malaysia - A very Great-Full day :)‏

Nov. 24, 2011

So even though we are so far away, we have managed to keep the wonderful tradition of gathering together and feasting in celebration of Thanks. We had a buffet meal at the local Marriott hotel after playing some beach volleyball, playing with frisbee's and soccer balls, and ping pong! It was so wonderful to hear what everyone was grateful for as they went around the room talking about the things which they were grateful for.


I would like to share a few things I am grateful for.

   1) I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. He has made possible that I can change who I am, and how I perceive myself, and become someone better. I never quite appreciated the Atonement until I really let it work within my heart. Controlling one's habits and desires is something that most people can do with self control, but by drawing close to the Savior, He can change our hearts into desiring righteous and wholesome things. I am so grateful for this, as I have changed a lot in the desires of my heart :)

     2)  I am grateful for my family. I have one of the wisest fathers and one of the most loving mothers. They are both Rock stars in their own way. Both Valiant. Both pure and true, and always desire to do the right thing. As I look back I can see the countless sacrifices they have made on my behalf, and how they have helped me become the man I am today. They are troopers to the max. I am also grateful for my Brave Brother. As I have been away from him, I have been so impressed with great decisions he has made in his life. Choosing to do something with his life by joining the military has turned out to be a great blessing, and now has made an even better decision in deciding to take a "Leap of faith" and marry an incredible Carrie Hunt. They are going to be good to each other. I am so grateful to have such a valiant brother, who has always done his best to do right.

    3) I am grateful for my Priesthood leaders, who have been an unmoving source of divine guidance and truth in my life. Their examples are burned into my memory, and their purity and virtue will continue to be an inspiration to me.

    4) I am grateful for the Scriptures. I never appreciated them before. But now? Well....let's just say that I never want to go another day without reading from them again. Their ability to guide my thoughts and life are invaluable. I love holding them in my hand. I love marking them. I love reading what I have received as revelation and writing down as the Spirit unfolds mysteries of God to me. It's incredible. Read it.

    5) I'm grateful for My Mission President. His example, spirituality and teaching. He has taught me how to teach. He has been a source of great knowledge, love and diligence in my life. I feel that the Lord has blessed me with the man whom I was meant to serve under. President Clark has this way of being loving, inspiring, and has a fire about him. He is so passionate about this Gospel, and about this Kingdom. This truly is the Kingdom of God. It will go forth and no unhallowed hand can hinder the work :) It feels good being on the winning team.

   So many things to be grateful for. Wow....I would suggest that each of you write down maybe once a day something new that you are grateful for. Like one? Bananas.....they are great for smoothies. And for those of you who have enjoyed my Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshakes in the past.....just you wait ;) Now "this guy" has variety ;) I love you all so much and am grateful for the support you give me in your thoughts, prayers, and emails. Some may go unnoticed by man, but they never are unneeded, and they always make a difference.

Your are all the BEST!!!!

     Elder Willem Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment