Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 79 - Singapore and Malaysia - Return to Samarahan‏

February 3, 2012

Hello Everyone!!!
 
   So the latest news is that for our first exchanges (going out with a specific companionship) we ended up going to Kuching Sarawak, and I was specifically assigned to go to Kota Samarahan!!! That is my first area!!! It was so awesome being back. The new missionaries there we in need of help getting to know the area due to being whitewashed, so I brought them around and was able to show them where all of my recent converts lived, great members, and so forth. The visits went super well as well. I was a bit sad that so many of them were less active, some because of the lack of transportation, others because of life's challenges, but all of them were still open and willing to invite us in, and there was a special glow in their eyes. I now realize that I need to do a better job of staying in touch, writing letters and eventually making phone calls when I am no longer a missionary. These people have been placed under my stewardship forever. I should always live worthy of my calling as their missionary. How devastating would it be for them to hear that I later on did not live the teachings I taught as a misisonary? Never.......
 
  But things went super well, and the exchange was a good one, as they had the highest number of investigators at church that weekend than the missionaries in the past 8 months had had. It was way cool to see :D We then right away turned and had to prepare trainings for the Zone Leader Council and for the Zone Conferences that were going on this week, and both were huge successes. It was a blast! We have been making a huge use of Preach My Gospel, and it has brought a whole new spirit to the missionary work. So often people try to find other sources, or tricks, but it really comes down to all the things which the modern day prophets have place into one book. Preach My Gospel. For all who wish to have a stronger spirit with them, be a better Member missionary, look to Preach My Gospel. It's amazing how when one sticks to the basics, and constantly works on his fundamentals, their overall "game" gets better. It so great.
 
  Well, things other than that are great. I basically live out of a suitcase, but thats ok. I get up early every morning to excercise, which keeps me healthy and fit. It's amazing how much healthier I feel now. When I eat greasy or unhealthy food, I can just feel it sitting poorly with my stomach (which is getting alot smaller too). It's amazing how when we pay attention to things, we can find out what is good and what isn't. This works both temporally and spiritually. We need to be quick to observe in all things.
 
  Well I must be going. I have to translate some papers for the Mission Mom, and then do more translating for the District Conference tonight. We are in Bintulu, Sarawak now, which is a pretty cool place :D Stay tuned for more!!!
 
Love you all,
 
     Elder Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment