Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week 83 - Singapore and Malaysia - On the Road‏

March 1, 2012


Hello everyone!!!
 
    This past week has been a bit crazy. Went out to Bintulu (a big
factory town) where we have 4 branches, with one newly split. Well it
was a pretty humble place, and I loved my time out there. The air is
pretty horrible though, and I have caught the "Bintulu Batuk"
(batuk=cough) and I have some junk in my throat, but its not big deal.
Only comes out in the mornings i think. But it has been fun.
 
   This week we were able to attend church in Singapore. So amazing. I
love Sacrament meeting. I love meetings in which the spirit are
manifest (like when we meet weekly with Pres. Clark). I can't imagine
being late to such a meeting. Being prompt is so important, that way
you get to feel the full blessings of the appointed time you have to
meet with the Lord. Can you imagine being late to a personal meeting
with God? Woah..... Haha :D
     Afterwards we went to a park where we were able to meet some
member's friends and contacted them while I sang happy birthday in
Dutch to the Birthday girl. They loved it. Everyone does. Especially
the mission president's wife. She makes me do it at every conference.
EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! I always try to escape but someone always reminds
her. There are probably going to be a couple hundred videos of me
singing it online after my mission. Haha.
 
    Well, we just got off a bus from Tawau (the furthest branch in the
mission, a 2:50 hour flight!)  going to Sandakan! I love Sandakan. It
was about a year ago that I was serving here and we are excited to be
able to go on exchanges with the missionaries here and help them get
some people to church this Sunday. That very Sunday though we fly back
to Singapore and have a dinner and interviews with the Asia Area
President! Wow!!! Im pretty excited for that opportunity. Elder
Perkins is a pretty cool guy. Met him about a month ago in Singapore.
The leaders of this Church really are the most incredible people.
Everyone really is preforming above and beyond the call of duty. The
more I learn about the apostles and prophets, the more I am able see
and imagine what the Savior must have been like. I have especially
liked this March's edition of the Ensign on President Monson. So
awesome. I was also able to watch his biography film. So incredible.
There is no one more fit to serve as the prophet :D I fully sustain
him in his calling. He needs all the help he can get. He needs our
help, in reaching out and doing good to those around us. Smiling.
Being happy, even if we have so many reasons to be down. Being down
never made anyone happy. Did it? I know that as we smile, even when we
are talking to people on the phone, they will be able to notice a
difference. Try it. Smile in a mirror before you answer the phone. The
person on the other end of the line will be able to tell :)
 
    I love you all and hope that this email finds you in good health
and happiness. :D
 
Your loving friend, brother, and son,
 
    Elder Willem Kampenhout
 

No comments:

Post a Comment