Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 43? - Malaysia‏


May 11, 2011

Hello everyone!!!

    So yesterday I went to Singapore to go on a Visa Run, and just came back today, or tonight, and thus the late response. This past week has been a good one. Elder Sorensen has come back from HIS visa run, and we are now starting to get things rolling with our area. It is always a new challenge being put into new areas and set with new companions. Elder Sorensen knows. I am his 14th companion, but we are definably going to have some awesome times ahead of us.

   This past week we had a really amazing lesson with two girls who had been contacted in a photo copy center, and they really did desire to find truth. When we met we had one of the best first lessons every!!! The spirit was so strong and Wendy was asking ALL of the right questions, and it was such an uplifting experience. She even later revealed that she had been anti-ed twice by her friends, and told that we were a lost church, but she still had that desire and spirit in her heart, and now she is awesome. While she wasn’t able to come to Church nor FHE this week, her friend Endang came to FHE, and it was such a blast. If there is anything many recent converts and investigators need to feel, it is the sense of Love that comes with our church and the Gospel. Everything we do is because of Love. We serve because of Love, we sacrifice out of love. If you are doing something out of despise, you are not doing it for the right reasons. 

Luke (SPC Kampenhout) and Willem (now Elder Kampenhout)

I often think about the people who valiantly and bravely defend their country, such as my Brother Luke. He does not do these things because of the pay check, he serves because he loves his country. I have gained a completely different respect and love for what he is doing after being in places where the rights and freedoms we enjoy are not present. I am so proud of him, and Love him so much. I love my parents who raised me out of Love, because they truly treasure me as their son. I serve others because I love them. We should do everything with love, but do it in such a way that they know that you do it with love. You can show your love by beating someone over their head with a stick, but they won't feel it as love. Do it in such a way that they will KNOW it is love. I love you all so much, I love the Book of Mormon, and I love my Heavenly Father.

 From your loving friend, brother and son,

 Elder Willem Kampenhout

1 comment:

  1. Love is genuine but sometimes there is a chance to get a fake love

    ReplyDelete