Monday, June 4, 2012

Singapore & Malaysia - Humility is in the Apostles and in the Children‏

May 25, 2012

Dear Family!!!!

    So, once again, I had the incredible opportunity to meet an apostle on my mission. Elder Dallin H Oaks is an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. Having shaken his hand one on one, heard him speak, and seen him laugh with love, I know that God is a happy and delightsome God. Elder Oaks has such a great manner about him. I wish you could all see it :D He came and have a conference with the District Leaders from Malaysia and the Stake Leaders from Singapore, and WOW!!! Talk about being taught from on high! If we truly relish those times in which we can "gaze into heaven" whether it is during sacrament meetings or meeting with leaders or children, we can gain so much. Now why do I mention children? I'm not entirely sure, except that I feel that the one thing that Children and Apostles have in common is that they are simple. They are just simply pure. It's incredible.
    I also saw that same humility this week in one of the missionaries whom I serve. His dedication to the work and his desire to do what is right has endowed him with great power. One can see the the great level at which he serves when he teaches, plans and works as a missionary. He has certainly gotten it right. I think it might have something to do with Helaman 14:13 which states:  . For me, this missionary really does believe in Jesus Christ, so he continually repents and becomes better. Repenting is not always mopping up paint which was spilled on the floor, but it is refining and repainting the painting with even more perfected detail. Every time I have read this scripture, it has hit me like a wall of force and has caused me to reflect and look within myself and ask, do I really believe? What am I going to do differently because I believe? In my time with this missionary, he taught me how that when one goes the extra mile, which we did together, we will find miracles. After praying along a roadside to find someone new to teach with the hour of extra time that we had, we both found us riding our bikes down this turn off at the same time!!! We weren't discouraged when the first person we saw ran into his house, slammed and locked the door, and neither was this Elder discouraged when the first person who let us into her home did not want us to come back. When I asked "should we go back?" this Elder responded "lets knock a few more."That is when we found the miracle, the family of 3 resting behind a door and her brother another 3 doors down, who all wanted to hear more about the gospel message. It wasn't easy though. As the mother was about to close the door, an inaudible voice spoke to both of us saying "say something!" so we did, and after conversing, she let us in :D "Unbind your tongues and speak miracles" said Elder Holland two conferences ago. I invite you to do the same. Open your mouths about the gospel to yourself, to your family every day but most especially Monday nights, and open your mouth to your God every day in prayer. Find the hand of God in your daily life and a new spirit will enter into your life. If ye know these things to be true, happy are ye if ye do them. I love you and I know you CAN do it :D

Your loving Friend, Brother, and Son,

      Elder Willem Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment