Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 94 - Singapore & Malaysia - Time Well Spent‏

May 16, 2012

Hello to all!!!

    Today we went with the Johor Bahru Zone, and the Singapore Zone out to Pulau Ubin (Ubin Island) and went bike riding ALL DAY!!!! It was so much fun! The morning we spent Mountain biking on some black diamond courses and a couple double black spots. SUPER FUN! We rented bikes, and while mine was not the best, I made it work. One of the other missionaries who had down mountain biking in the past was impressed with my ability to ride! It must have come from my trail riding days on the motorcycle, and my bike riding in my youth. It was such a blast flying through the jungle riding bikes, avoid rocks and cliffs and climbing up steep hills. It was the best Zone activity yet! It definitely helped the missionaries in the zone to bind together in spirit of unity. I feel that this is one of the most important things to do. Do something together. In families especially, sometimes you just need to set some time apart and do something outside of the normal together. Whether it is a movie, going to the park, painting together, whatever the activity, I still remember all the times my father took me out. They are times in which I will never forget, and will help build immortal families. Eventually if you keep saying "Tomorrow" it will become an empty pile of "yesterdays". So I am ever grateful for my parents going out and doing things with us :D
     Another great event of this last week was my last Zone Conference. It was also an all East Malaysia conference, with over 70 missionaries together!!! Wow!!! Talk about an army to feed! It was such a great spirit there, and the missionaries were so obedient and incredible and easy to work with. The final testimonies were amazing (and there was also more than 11) all the final testimonies of departing missionaries. Including mine :(. It was so great to see missionaries share about how they've changed, but the most incredible were their testimonies, when they testified about the savior and how he has changed. As I gave my own, I could barely speak at times as I spoke about the power of repentance. I was brought to tears, and all because I knew that what I was stating was true. It was a huge memorable experience. Testimonies are huge. President Clark's testimony was incredible as well. I can't describe. Just pure spirituality :D
     Well i hope each and every one of you will find some time to spend with family, and bear testimony to your children, parents, friends about the truths of the gospel. It will change your life :D

Your loving friend, brother, and son,
       Elder Willem Kampenhout

No comments:

Post a Comment